This is a picture of us wearing our medals after the race. We are back at Ideal Beach and you can kind of tell that it had really been raining good that day!
A little over a week ago Jeff, Dallas, and I ran in the Bear Lake Half Marathon. It was such an awesome race and so much fun to be a part of. We liked it so much that we are looking for another race for august. If you know of any good ones, post a comment cause I want to sign up before the late registration! Anyway, the race was perfect and ended up being really good even though we definitely did not train as well as we should have. I know I felt it during the race more than I usually would.

Dallas pre-race.
We were so nervous that the race day would be pouring rain and completely miserable, but it ended up being the perfect temperature and just such a great race. In the beginning, we got dropped off at our starting line and it was raining pretty hard. I seriously looked at Jeff and said "We should just get back on the bus and ride back to Garden City" haha! But, we stuck it out and as soon as we were given the starting go ahead, I swear the clouds lifted and the rain subsided and it was beautiful weather and temperature the whole race. There was a part that was quite muddy and Jeff said he saw a girl totally biff it and get all muddy, which is so sad, but it wasnt too bad for us, we made it through without any spills!
Throughout the race, after about mile 2 or 3, I was just barely in front of Dallas and I am really competitive and did not want him to catch me, especially since he did maybe one day of training. So, I got with this group of ladies, who definitely were marathoners, and I just stuck with them the whole race and it helped me get through the rough parts so much! It is way better to run with people and have someone to talk to rather than running by yourself and constantly thinking about the pain. These ladies did end up giving me some great advice though, haha, one of them told me this "I have two pieces of advice for you. #1. Never get divorced. and #2. Never let your husband die." haha Kind of really random, but I took them to heart and I made sure Jeff knew that he was for sure not allowed to die on me! haha they were awesome ladies and great story tellers and made my race very very enjoyable.
We all finished with pretty good times and not too far apart from each other. I don't know the exact times but that is not what matters anyway! We had such a fun experience and I am just glad that Jeff actually wants to do another one with me. It is so motivating and it really is fun to be able to do something active and healthy with Jeff. We are converted runners and marathoners!
2 comments:
Hobble Creek Half Marathon in August :) Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Way to go!
Good job Brewers!! I didn't know dal was doing it too. How fun!
Post a Comment