Friday, August 21, 2009

Something New

Next week I begin my student teaching. It is funny to think that this day is here because I have always been looking forward to it, but it is hard to imagine what something new will be like before it is here. I feel excited and nervous at the same time. How do I teach my kids that English is fun and that reading will help them excel in more than just one area of their life. This whole new curriculum, this whole new environment... I wonder sometimes if I will be able to handle it all. I wonder if I will be able to write my lesson plans and really help the kids to learn what they need to learn while hitting all of the state standards at the same time. There are so many what if's going on in my mind and I worry that I won't be the greatest teacher in the world, but should i really expect myself to be that incredible teacher? I have so much to learn and yet I will be the one doing the teaching. What a rollercoaster of emotions!!!

This weekend I am in St George with the Olympus High volleyball team. It is definitely an experience I forgot about since I was in high school. Hearing all the little girlies talking about boys and how one boy told her she was hot and she told him to stop playing games with her.... oh how happy I am to be out of high school. It is funny how important those things seem to us while we are in the moment and then out of context they are so not important. I think of my hubby and our relationship and am so grateful for what we have. There is no drama, no fighting, nothing that pulls us apart. I love how every day that I am with him and every day I am away from him, our love continues to grow stronger. I couldn't ask for a greater blessing than a marriage full of unconditional love.

I guess I just need to start counting my blessings more!

2 comments:

Time-Out With Tiffany said...

I could not agree more! I love your little blog you guys put together. Such great people, and such a darling couple! Hope you guys are doing well!

Amy said...

I'm sure you will and are a fabulous student teacher and one that all the high school boys have a crush on... tell Jeff he better watch out for those boys. One question how long before the first day back to school did you pick out your first day of school outfit... and did you go school shopping? Love Amy and Whitey